Open a new Christmas Club account with $25.00 (minimum) and the credit union will deposit $5.00
*The Christmas Club account must remain open with the initial deposit and $5.00 until the account expires on October 1, 2015
Notice of Change to MasterCard Rules found in the Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure
The new MasterCard liability rules make the following revisions effective October 17, 2014:
- The zero liability rule will now apply to all transactions conducted with a MasterCard branded card, including PIN-based transactions at Point of Sale and ATM. Previously, zero liability only applied to Point-of-sale Transactions.
- A cardholder will not be liable for any unauthorized transaction, as long as the cardholder has exercised reasonable care in safeguarding the card from risk of loss or theft, and, upon becoming aware, promptly reporting the loss or theft to the issuer. Previously, if the above conditions were not met your liability was the lesser of $50 or the amount of property, labor or services obtained by the unauthorized use prior to your notification to us. This maximum of $50 has been removed.
INTRODUCING A FREE NEW ONLINE SERVICE
Simplify your life by managing all of your money from one place!
We are excited to introduce MoneyDesktop™, a FREE new personal financial management service that allows you to aggregate all of your various financial accounts into one easy to use app. With MoneyDesktop™, you'll be able to take complete control of your finances.
It's FREE and Easy!
Money Desktop Introduction Video
$20.00 Gift Certificates now available. Great gift idea or stocking stuffer!
Welcome to the world of Visa Travel Cards
Enjoy the benefits of your prepaid Visa Travel card
- Make purchases at all Visa locations when traveling domestically or internationally
- 24 hours a day/7 days a week access
- Withdraw cash at an ATM
- Deposit funds from your credit union savings or checking accounts via a secure Web site
- Your Visa Travel Card offers all the protection and security features you've come to expect from Visa®
Using your Visa Travel card
- Just present your card at the time of purchase and the amount will be deducted from your card balance
- Check your balance, transactions or report lost/stolen card by calling a toll free number or going online
- Add funds to your Visa Travel card by going online
For wherever you go and whatever you need, your prepaid Visa Travel Card is here for you.
Low Fixed Rate
Home Equity Loans
Use the equity in your home to finance whatever you need. Now is the perfect time with our NEW low rates.
Rates as low as
- Applies to new money loans
- Rate is determined by term
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate
Traveling out of the Country?
If you have a Visa Credit Card with LFCU, you must contact us if you plan on using your card while traveling out of the country. To protect your account from fraudulent transactions, the credit union has blocked ALL foreign Visa transactions.
Important IRA Information
The State of Michigan now requires state taxes to be withheld from IRA payments/withdrawals if you were born in 1946 or later at a rate of 4.35%. If you were born between 1946 - 1953, there are guidelines if you choose a different rate. If you were born after 1953 and want to select a different rate, you will need to complete a MI W-4P form. You must have this form each time a withdrawal is requested or when you update your automatic periodic payment.
Help Combat Fraud and Protect Your Account!
We need your help to stop fraud in its tracks. It is more important than ever to keep your personal information with the Credit Union current. Please make sure we have the fastest way to contact you in case of possible fraud. If you have an email address or cell phone on file with the Credit Union, we can prevent losses to your account. Call today to update your information.
CU Link and www.creditunionlink.org are a collaborative effort among Michigan credit unions and their trade association, the Michigan Credit Union League, to showcase the power of the credit union network. Credit unions offer more surcharge-free ATMs - 28,000; charge lower interest rates on loans and credit cards; have been approving 54,000 loans every day; and have increased small business loans by an average of 21% each year for the past five years. We think it's time you learned how credit unions can help you get into more savings, better rates and a better financial relationship.
Online Loan Applications
Cardholder Dispute Form
Lost/Stolen ATM/Debit Cards:
Service Center Branches
Xtend Shared Branches
No Surcharge ATM Locations
Sprint CU Discount
Equal Housing Lender